Shiver our Timbers
When it comes to timber, we don’t settle for second best. All our materials are treated and tanalised to give an unrivalled level of protection and resistance, but don’t take our word for it. Take a look below and check out the process every single piece of timber takes before it is used:
- Timber is placed in a treatment cylinder to create an initial vacuum within the timber cells.
- The preservative treatment then floods the cylinder under the vacuum.
- Hydraulic pressure then forces the preservative into the timber cells.
- The preservative is pumped back into storage and another vacuum removes any excess solution from the timber.
- Pressure within the timber draws in surface solution when vented. It is then left for a period for the preservative to set.
All the timber we use originates from sustainable sources. We use the highest quality materials for our garden buildings and cut no corners on any aspect of the build. A standard specification is detailed below – so you know exactly what we will use for your garden building:
- 19mm tanalised Swedish Red Wood T&G for the exterior cladding
- 13mm tanalised Swedish Red WoodT&G for 13mm exterior cladding
- 13mm tanalised Swedish Red Wood T&G for the roof panels
- 3×2 tanalised CLS framework
- 1 inch thick tanalised floor boards
- 48kg Green Polyester mineral felt
- All fixings are galvanised (nails, screws etc.)
- 13mm or 19mm tanalised fascia boards all around the shed to prevent weather damage